As I’ve been drinking coffee, many people have told me that it can stunt your growth, I didn’t believe them so I decided to research it.
Coffee does not make you short. Coffee contains caffeine which has nothing to do with growing. However, high dosages of caffeine can cause nervousness, increase in heart rate, stomach problems, headaches and even muscle spasms. Most people consuming under 400mg of caffeine shouldn’t experience these effects.
Health Benefits of Coffee
- Reduce the risk of liver cancer by 50%
- Reduce depression
- May boost long term memory
- Protect against type 2 diabetes, cardio vascular disease and parkinson’s disease
- Can speed up your metabolism
- Can help your hair grow
- Can help keep your brain strong as you age
- Can help against breast cancer
- Can help with erectile disfunction
- Helps get rid of headaches
Bad Side Effects of Coffee
- Can cause lack of sleep
- Can cause liver damage.
- It’s addictive
- Increase in blood pressure
- Stomach Aches
At what age is it safe to drink coffee?
Consuming coffee at a young age can have long term affects. However, children who are at least 12 years old should be fine drinking coffee just not frequently.
Is consuming too much coffee bad?
Yes, consuming too much coffee can have bad side effects. Studies have shown that drinking too much coffee can cause lack of sleep, damage to the liver, increased blood pressure and much more side effects.